1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Minding nature

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Alexandoy, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

I have seen some campers, particularly the young campers, who are very irresponsible. They would throw soda cans just like that. Even the leftover food is tossed in the grassy area. Worse, the plastic glass and plastic bags are all there, strewn in the camp area when they leave. In the entrance of the camping park, there is a signage that says leave only footprints and bring home only pictures. But those young people just don't care. They do what they want as if they own the mountain. I'm sure glad that guns are not allowed otherwise animals may be killed particularly the monkeys that roam the place early in the morning.

Madman4800 likes this.
  2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...unfortunately we just can't blame the "young campers"; there are a lot of older weekend trashers who wreck places of beauty. But I have to say that in the regions I camp there seems to be a solid understanding of what environment is all about. There are so many more organizations today that champion planet issues than there were in the past. I suggest that if you take camping seriously you belong to at least one of the. For me it is Leave No Trace.

As a side note - bottles and cans are not permitted in the interior of Algonquin Park as well as other parks. To do so you do it at your own risk - fines are hefty.

TRY SOME OF THESE

upload_2017-7-11_18-13-57.png upload_2017-7-11_18-14-14.png upload_2017-7-11_18-14-46.png

upload_2017-7-11_18-15-16.png upload_2017-7-11_18-15-42.jpeg upload_2017-7-11_18-16-34.jpeg

upload_2017-7-11_18-19-21.jpeg

Madman4800 likes this.
  3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Yes we have similar problems here. We pick up their garbage and clean out the fire pit. We try not to dwell on it cause it does no good. We leave camp area clean and sometimes extra firewood stacked for next camper. I figure that in some small way maybe it leaves a good example for someone else.

Madman4800 likes this.
  4. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

Few things are more irritating than those who cannot practice some respect for the area that they are in. I understand that it is hard to leave no trace and all of that but leaving trash around and anything like that is really irresponsible.

Draft saved Draft deleted