1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Minimalist Camping

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Bushman, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Bushman

Bushman Newbie

Has any of you here tried minimalist camping? Or taking the least amount of gear you can carry into the woods just to test your true wilderness skills and just to see if you can do it? I would have to say thats my most favorite way to camp. Roughing it will push you to learn more and help you to hone your skills in the woods, putting you closer to mother nature and giving you a whole new outlook on how things used to be. As of right now the pack I carry when I go weighs at the most 40lbs. That's food, shelter, fire, sleeping bag, clothes, tools, first aid supplies and some misc. things I probably don't need.

2. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

I suggest to anyone willing to do that needs to make sure they tell people they know when they'll be back and where they are setting up camp at. If really going to test your survival skills make sure to still dress for the weather. I read an article that this young man went into the Canadian Northern wilderness with a sweater on and died of "exposure" out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted