1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Moodlab Mini Speaker

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Northern Dancer, May 1, 2019.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Well...I didn't purchase this, it was given to me by someone who thought that I would enjoy it. "Take it down to the lake some warm summer evening, roll out a blanket, get comfortable, and listen to your favourite music as you watch the midnight skies - enjoy."

I heard a woman's voice telling me the device was ready to pair. I had already connected the flash stick loaded with music and listened and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of sound. Humm, I thought, "Take it down to the lake..." I think I'm going to do just that.
    stylish_bluetooth_wireless_speakers-270x240.jpg

killeroy154 likes this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Well? Have you been down to the lake yet? Can this be hooked to a cell phone via Bluetooth or aux plug? How is sound quality?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. Northern Dancer

...apparently it can. But I'm sticking with music. My little test suggests a great sound. The only trips planned at the moment are in July [that seem so far away]. I'm looking forward to it and as you might expect everything is planned.

I purchased a small propane tank for base/interior use this year. I've noticed the sharp increase in the price for the canisters and thought I'd go with a small tank. I'm trying to keep myself disciplined and not buy anything - and then I get this little gift that gets my mind to thinking.

4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Reason I asked about linking to a cell phone is because I can down load lots of music on one. Plus if there is Internet, a person can listen to news through a radio app.

July is creeping up. May I ask where or what lake or camp area? I like looking up areas on satalite app like Google Earth. Ooh kay,,, go ahead and call it stalking. One of these days, when you least expect it I might just pop on up that way.

campforums likes this.
  5. Northern Dancer

I decided to make my base camp at Arrowhead Provincial and from there go into the interior of Algonquin which is an hours drive from Arrowhead. The reason I've selected Arrowhead because it is a bit cheaper and quieter in the organized campground.

The plan is to take in Lake Louisa and visit some of the old haunts. It's been a few years since I have been there. We haven't decided how long we will be in the interior.

If you do come this way it is a foreign nation that is close, speaks two hundred languages including French and English (the national languages), it is friendly, warm and your dollar goes further. Check out, "25 Things that Surprize Americans about Canada - Destination Trips". :)

6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

That looks like it might be an aux cord in the picture @killeroy154

I think I would probably want to have bluetooth available on a portable speaker since it's kind of the standard for portable speakers like these. However the ability to load it up with music is also really cool for camping because I don't need to bring my phone with me. And it's not a feature I have seen on any other products.

Thanks for sharing!

7. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Your right @campforums blue tooth is the way to go. I have never used blue tooth before. My phone has the capability, but I've never used it, yet. I've never played music or listen to radio while camping, but it maybe a thing to do if I'm stuck in camp during a rainy day.

@Northern Dancer I think they should call Algonquin the land of a thousand lakes. I would have to rely on compass and map to navigate that area because it looks pretty flat, no mountains. When my wife and I go out of the mountainous areas, I get lost. Are there any roads in to Lake Louisa? That looks like an area to really get away from civilization. Peaceful.

8. Northern Dancer

"Nothin" more pleasurable I like to talk about than tripping. :)

Algonquin was established in 1893 and has approximately 3,000 square miles of crown land, 2,400 lakes and 746 miles of river to explore and numerous hiking trails. It is the home of 8 youth camps (by license).

Lake Louisa is strickly canoe country and yes I have a map and though I carry a compass I have never used it. The wonderful thing about this splendid park is that it's about six hours away from the hustle and bustle of my residence.

upload_2019-5-12_8-58-22.jpeg

Area maps are clear and often have references to history and interesting information. We are thinking of five or six-day sortie. There will be Eric and me on this occasion.

Draft saved Draft deleted