1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Must haves when going on the water?

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by ashley0323, Sep 26, 2016.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

What are some of the "must haves" when you are planning a day on the water? Besides the obvious, such as drinks, life jackets, first aid kit, etc. What are other things you bring?

2. scrapper

scrapper Novice Camper

Maybe might sound weird and ill recommended, but I never used life jackets or any floater support. But what I always bring with me is a first aid kit and a bunch of antibiotics.

3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...WOW you are brave man. You would attract a lot of attention in this neck of the woods. People would be scratching their heads and wondering what part of the jungle you emerged from. But you must have your reasons?

Unfortunately you would not be able to canoe with us - high risk people are a danger to the well being of the group.

On the water - in a canoe? Proper weight limit in the canoe. A life jacket, a whistle, a bailing can, a throw line, a read flag, painters for each end of the canoe, an extra paddle; ALL legal requirements in Ontario waters. There are other requirements for motorized craft.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqLDNATqEnW-boWulEqG4inUKKKoTsXNngFxi2yoX1IsFY4XdX.png :)

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

When camping by the side of the river or on the shore, I usually bring along extra implements like fishing gear. But when it is an overnight affair, the flashlight (torch) is the most important to me especially when the moon is out at night. By the way, night fishing would also require the flashlight. For boating or fishing, I never fail to being along my utility pot - as I had posted in another thread, this utility pot is a small metal pot that can cook rice for 2 people, also good for cooking soup dishes.

Draft saved Draft deleted