1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

My last hunting trip

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Alexandoy, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

The campsite was an hour's walk from civilization. I think I was 40 at that time and we were 8 including my father. The trip was like a contest of who can shoot the most number of birds. It was just an overnight camping so we started hunting the moment we arrived in the campsite before noon time. The birds were not around but they came after lunch time. I was adjudged the winner with my 4 birds. We cooked the meat and I kept the feet for my trophy. By the way, we were using only air rifles and only my father had a licensed pistol. At night when we were about to sleep, we heard barking of dogs afar. My father said that we should not make a sound for they might be marines patrolling the area. We were not criminals, I said. My father shook his head. "In the forest, there is no law. Try to avoid people." Fortunately we didn't see the government soldiers.

Draft saved Draft deleted