1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

My new coffee maker

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by killeroy154, May 25, 2016.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

On my last trip I left the coffee pot at home. Now I do luvs me coffee, maybe a little to much tho. I was trying to pack light (ha yes that's funny), so I packed this reusable coffee filter

232437bfd683be98ec4bba0d0299d82f.jpg

I always take a 1 quart boiling pot for rice or noodles, and I always have my 20oz coffee mug.

f932da221883002ffd50ae416dd02583.jpg

which can be seen rolling around in the bottom of my canoe. I need some serious cup holders.... Anyhow pop top off coffee mug, put filter in opening, which does not fall in all the way, add coffee grounds and pour hot water slowly into grounds. Voila! Drip coffee, and same way those expensive drip coffee makers do it. Then all you have to wash out is the filter.

Tip: I buy my coffee whole bean, and grind it at the store. It took me a long time to perfect my coffee to suit my taste. Great Cup of Mud!

(Camp_aholic) Uncontrollable shaking when not camping.

2sweed likes this.
  2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Keeping stuff organized in a canoe is tricky, stuff tends to roll around

Do you simply fit that filter on top of your cup and pour the boiling water from your thermos?

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Yes the filter basket fit in top of my coffee mug. All I had to do is pour the hot water from pan and wait for it to strain through coffee grounds. I got tired of the bulk of a perk coffee pot.

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

How does that compare to instant coffee mix?

5. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I've always prefered fresh coffee. I have nothing against instant. I have always liked a little instant coffee and peanut butter in chocolate ice cream. Uummm sure is good.

Draft saved Draft deleted