1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

NeverWet: The Magical Spray That Waterproofs Everything

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by campforums, Jul 20, 2013.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I've seen rubber coating spray before and different oils but this looks much better. There's just 2 things that I'm hoping:
    1. It isn't outrageously expensive
    2. They expand from the US into Canada soon

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

This would be great for outdoor clothing and shoes. How about waterproofing the top of your tent for a no never leak finish. Water proof that phone, I would be a bit worried about trying that one. Phones cost a pretty penny these days and replacement big bucks. But if it works as well as they say, hey great idea.

I think new inventions are pretty cool. What is your take on this?

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Yeah I think it would be great for shoes or sports wear like they show in the video and for tents it would be great. I remember this one time I was camping and it a huge rain storm came out of nowhere, in the morning I woke up and everything inside the tent was soaked and needed ringing out. Its not actually the top that needs the water proofing from my experience but the bottom. The top already does a pretty decent job at keeping out water because of the angled roof, but the ground is being pushed into the wetness by the weight of whatever is in the tent and always soaks through eventually.

As for phones, I wouldn't do it myself but it would be great if this feature became standard in all phones like the Galaxy S4 Active which is water proof. Doing it yourself would probably either be messy and end up ruining the feel, texture or the buttons on the phone or involve opening it up with a screwdriver and coating all the electronic components.

Draft saved Draft deleted