1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

New Camp Saw?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by killeroy154, Mar 25, 2017.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I didn't know Gerber made saws. I use my saw most of time for firewood. Last time I found a downed sycamore tree, the wood burned hot and bright.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...the official name is: the Gator Saw 1. Actually the company makes a variety of different kinds of saws. This particular one was 20% off, naturally encouraging me to purchase the same. :(

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Naw.. I never knew you stooped to shopping at discount prices?? Especially at 20 % off. Sounds like a good deal at a good time.

4. Northern Dancer

...the reality is that SAIL is an expensive store and I know when I walk in their products are premium priced and I'm not a premium price kind of guy. The only advantage they have is they are local. So...as they say - I shop and compare.

5. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I got gift card at Christmas for Dunhams Sports. I've never been there, but they had a sale on short sleeve shirts for hot weather with a spf of 40. I figured I'd look good coming down the river this summer. Ha. I usually don't buy those, but for 19 bucks each it's a good deal. I also got a under armor hooded sweat shirt for about 30.

6. Northern Dancer

...great stuff - I like the cards because people simply don't know what I like. Anyway... I was in a store noting all these guys walking around with the latest fashion wear and wondered :yawn: do they really know how to camp or kayak or canoe or do anything? Or are they just fashion models?

:bear: Baden Bear here, "Dancer is always a bit critical of the "pretty people" who prance around the campfire and have absolutely no idea about outdoor life - but the look pretty.

Draft saved Draft deleted