1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

New toy

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by killeroy154, Oct 11, 2016.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I got this little burner for 20 bucks. I used it the other day for my redbeans and rice. I had my fish cooking on the other burner. 2c3b0cc97eaba063015fac6abdbbb6f3.jpg . It's an Outad brand? I like how it packs small and is pretty wind proof. The only issue I had was it would start to spit and sputter. I was using the coleman brand with a mix of propane and butane. I am going to get a can of isobutane and try it. Open for ideas.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...if its spitting and sputtering it is usually a sign that some of the vapour pores are clogged or the wrong fuel is being used. I use rubbing alcohol on a cloth or an old tooth brush and clean around the pores. Twenty bucks is a good deal.

NOTE - the manufacturer says a butane or butane-propane mixed fuel canister is the best fuel. I've tended to use the butane-propane for my mini stoves. The way to go is what the manufacturer suggestions. :)

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Thanks, I'll check the pores. I thought maybe the connection and adjustment valve were freezing up because it was pretty cold where it was coming from the fuel container.

Draft saved Draft deleted