1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

No time for camping

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by JoshPosh, Nov 18, 2014.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

Do you guys feel like camping is now taking a back seat to trying to make a living and working all the time? My parents and I use to go camping all the time. But now that everyone has a different work schedule, we don't do it anymore. Even family get togethers are hard to schedule. What do you guys think?

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Of course you know that I have to make a comment on your observation.

You are right in many ways. I tell students on a regular basis not to forsake, give up, or surrender the things that they love most. At worse, there may be times we have to put them on a book shelf - but don't ever abandon them.

In my own circumstance, being outdoors is more than just a recreational pursuit; it is a way of life. It's hard to explain the satisfaction that I get - but for me it is an integral part of who I am. It sustains me in failure and rejection; it soothes my wounded spirit, heals a broken heart, lifts me from myself and gives purpose to life. It enhances my friendships, divorces my competitiveness and allows me to escape, albeit for a short time, the harshness and rigours of human relationships.

It places me in an environment that is refreshing and uplifting and puts me in tune with the rhythm of creation. It gives me a greater appreciation for the created order and the value and worth of wildlife, water ways, forest trails and majestic mountains.

Sounds romantic doesn't it? Well...maybe it is. At least for me.

2nar0c0.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted