1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Northern Dancer's Winter Camp

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Northern Dancer, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Here are some pics from my winter camp weekend.

campforums and happyflowerlady like this.
  2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Very good! I enjoyed the pictures, as well as, the music. The Bear, was a nice touch. :cool::)

campforums likes this.
  3. Northern Dancer

Thank you. It lacked a little zip. We have another weekend coming up and I'm hoping to be a bit more creative.

4. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

I thought that it was just awesome as it was, Dancer ! The scenery was beautiful, and the snow looked cold, and the camp looked like it was full of happy campers. What more could you ask for ?
    And I loved the music you put with it, it seemed perfect for the whole video.
    I didn't see Reese. Was he there and I missed seeing him, or he stayed inside because it was cold , or he is just camera-shy ?

5. Northern Dancer

Thank you again @happyflowerlady. We had three hundred in camp; I was out with our parish group that numbered 36. It was really cold at nights but my wood stove keep me warmer than I needed to be. I had the one beaner meal that was my principle staple. I had other provisions and the group fed me well.

In fact we had a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings for Saturday super. Scouter Bill is probably the best outdoor cook summer or winter. He fried the turkey to perfection, and with the mixed vegetables, gravy, rice, stuffing, cranberry sauce, crusty rolls and fabulous cake we sort of stuffed ourselves. Not bad for a winter outing.

Though Reese is an experienced camper - he has his own coat and such, I didn't take him this time. He is beginning to have trouble with his back legs and though he would join me in an instant - I thought that it would be to much for him.

I have another weekend coming up - hope to do better.

6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Your long awaited winter video!!

It looks nice, your tent even has a chimney?

Sorry to hear about Reese's legs :(

Draft saved Draft deleted