1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Oklahoma? Or Puerto rico?

Discussion in 'United States' started by Jpix, May 12, 2013.

1. Jpix

Jpix Newbie

We're going to be taking trips to both Oklahoma and Puerto rico this year and I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with camping stops in these states. I remember going to a lake in oklahoma when I was a kid, it was suppose to have the cave where Billy the Kid(Or someone.. it was a while back.) used to hide out. I know I can look these places up but I was wanting some first hand experience.

My dad also said that somewhere in oklahoma there was a place where it flooded, or a dam broke and there was suppose to still be houses and stuff in the bottom of the water. I haven't a clue though!

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I stopped off in Puerto Rico for a day when I went on a Caribbean cruise so I never got a chance to go to any camping sites however I did go on a tour through some of the jungles/parks and it was very nice. The areas I was in had lots of mountains and hills and there was all sorts of trails, walkways, bridges and stairs to climb which led to some spectacular views. There's also a bunch of neat historical sites there if you are into that sort of thing. However do watch out because even with all the thick trees the sun is strong and it is very humid so don't forget your sunscreen and drink plenty of water.

Draft saved Draft deleted