1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Olongapo mountain

Discussion in 'Trails' started by Alexandoy, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

Olongapo is a city in the province north of Manila. I was 18 when my cousins moved to a new village in that city that is fronting a mountain. We called it Olongapo mountain. In one summer vacation, I went there together with 2 friends. My cousin invited us to climb the mountain together with another friend. The 5 of us walked for 2 kilometers before reaching the foot of the mountain. It was grassy and the trees are near the peak. We were actually crawling on all fours, so to speak, because of the steep incline. I can't remember how long it took us to reach the peak which was flat like an airport runway. It was more fascinating when I discovered a small pond with shrimps. Yeah, you read it right - small fresh water shrimps. It's just sad that we had no camera to prove my story.

Draft saved Draft deleted