1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

One night down low

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Bibsoutdoors, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

01b16ba14d523b25f0abee604e8209e5.jpg

Temps were suppose to be borderline for my summer top quilt. Remembering the last outing were the weatherman missed the mark by twenty degrees, I opted to go safe. I brought the winter top quilt. Knowing it wouldn't get anywhere near cold enough to challenge that bag, I didn't wish to take chances on it being too warm for that cover either, so I did the opposite of what we look for in winter camping. I found the lowest depression that would accommodate my set up and made camp there. Well it worked. I was fairly comfortable bordering on warm, but not nearly as warm has I camped up above. It's still fun getting out of the hammock in the morning to get breakfast going...brrr, but I slept. As I laid there before getting up for the day I wondered, would I have thought to reverse my learning 30+ years ago? Would I have done the same then, picking a sure to be colder location? I don't know. Before I became a Paramedic I was pretty anal. (Being a medic taught me to throw the book out if it meant getting the job done for your patients benefit.) If the text said qrz then by golly it was qrz. I say this with a GREAT deal of reserve, but I'm hoping age has brought me a faint bit of wisdom. I know it's dangerous to speculate on such things, but, it made the outing even sweeter. Madman 4800 made a comment about mistake making and it got me thinking about how nice it is to be in a community like this were one can share his experiences and not fear a relocated back end. My hat is off to those members I've made acquaintances with so far who seem to go out of their way to assist others. What a fun place to be!
    f6614c07e00ffbca2ae0889dff35c1c4.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

2. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

I was on a forum not long ago and got bashed due to my own ignorance. The people where completely negative and gave me no help to my problem. I can handle constructive criticism and I don't mind people having a laugh at my expense. Lord knows have been on both end. So I agree Bibsoutdoors it is nice knowing that I can say something completely stupid here have a laugh about it and educate my self at the same time. The reason we go to forums is to learn, help others and make new friends and I have most certainly done that here. So thank you Camping Babble for creating this wonderful space for all of us likeminded people to share are thoughts, mistakes, help and don't forget the good and bad times.

3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Amen!

Bibsoutdoors

FootPathOne likes this.
  4. FootPathOne

FootPathOne Pathfinder

Grace and mercy will help to smoothed out those inevitable bumps in life. We can even laugh at those moments once in a while.

Good to be on a forum that is lighthearted and like minded, rather than on a forum that is intense and combative.

Kind of makes one come back!

Madman4800 and Bibsoutdoors like this.
  5. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

...... Kind of makes one come back!.....That and the fact they know where my family lives! 3048d69ca52103a56ca972d0d3764039.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

6. FootPathOne

FootPathOne Pathfinder

Hey! You found my long lost uncle. Where does he live so I can visit him?

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  7. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Uncle Vinny is your uncle??? (He says with fear and trembling) I think I last saw him watching over the fishes! Maybe he was feeding the fishes! (He says again with fear and trembling!)

Bibsoutdoors

FootPathOne likes this.
  8. FootPathOne

FootPathOne Pathfinder

You must be tougher looking, and larger than him, because he usually doesn't tremble or fear anyone. Do you have a brother named Michael the Archangel?

9. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

BATTLE!!!!!!! 9cd7bb8d44898eea1af7d0d8ef632e66.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

FootPathOne likes this.
  10. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

@FootPathOne......We have GOT to get jobs!!

Bibsoutdoors

FootPathOne likes this.
  11. FootPathOne

FootPathOne Pathfinder

Hey, I warned my wife about the dangers of men multitasking, but would she listen? Nooo! The results of coming out of my nothing box too many times :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  12. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Hey, refresh my memory, where we ever talking about camping on this post??? Baaahaaaa! I'm going to be asked to leave this forum if I don't straighten up! YIKES

13. FootPathOne

FootPathOne Pathfinder

Oh yeah! Camping! Keep sending me reminders :)

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted