1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

One skillet pizza

Discussion in 'Food' started by Bibsoutdoors, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Pictures are self explanatory! Enjoy!

What simple to make camp foods do you enjoy?

3ae450ae50ca84f326c916a919deda41.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

killeroy154 and Northern Dancer like this.
  2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...I've had fun with this one too =====>

This is particularly good when you are tripping.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzYjDjw5xvYQsdCjf5fJR33IJv-vSXJD7KxV9qownOSVNibntU.jpg + images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdZo2OF_m9qxWniOWAeMEKngKcyYJx14BGmjPEaYaSSfNUn3R_.jpg + images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJqQ-QmefMIqrytkMiiRQMp76GmdO2hR95UEjxDjDLSDYP5hv7.jpg +
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3QLCTxNrfu2eMEfxosAeGo6qP85U2qHHg3ShiTm1JzK2g_gG28w.jpg + 4d868ed6-3a7b-43c6-ac29-9d50d8f110a5.png +
    WHATEVER + images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOINaCwxeXa-1Hq1UOaLjhLR086BPr8tRBC600W6UziI4of1igNw.jpg + images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGnS3kHqKFQnbBB2Doqohtec3R-i34XxQOdQ_V_Pb4gBrfsLlK.jpg

= images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRBY6cdNSTHl-0Qi4HV86h1yt7M9bkwkfm48uX2h6xxvS7jt2T.jpg

None of the ingredients need to be refrigerated. So delicious on a moonlit night...I can see it all!

3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

No refrigeration of ingredients makes this a very attractive concoction.

6a50576ca45ea4873f029dca76cb53a5.jpg

I'll bring the "china!"

Bibsoutdoors

4. Northern Dancer

=====> :thumbsup:
    ...and very tasty too. It's great trying various combinations and food stuffs. I remember the days the only choice for tripping food was the freezed dried products in the outdoor stores. Today you can get them just about anywhere and there are several products on the grocery shelves that are a whole lot cheaper than the outdoor store. On occasion I go shopping at the biggest food chains in our community looking for "campy" products.

Of recent date they have brought back the Gran Pre 2% whole milk in the 200 ml containers - really great for recipes and drinking. It comes in chocolate too. And of course they do not have to be refrigerated.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN0oosz06sQ8bHxAhU_v3y0bAOBngOr4yPgehQg7BJWaYpi9qq.jpg

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  5. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Yes! I've used things like pre-cooked bacon, hash browns, soups from Bear Creek, sides as well. I've not seen the milk but will be looking for it. I've watched utube videos from the UK were the campers use non refrigerated milk. Say ND, are there only three or four active people on this forum or am I doing something wrong and not getting other active conversations?

Bibsoutdoors

Northern Dancer likes this.
  6. Northern Dancer

...it sort of seems that way doesn't it? I've often wondered where the half thousand people are hanging out. Gee...was it something I said? I really don't know.

I just carry on - as I've mentioned to Erik the founder I find the site relaxing and a stress relief as well.
    Back to milk :shame: [if anyone is interested]. I've used the whole milk powder from the Bulk Barn as well as the skim milk powder. I've used the small Carnation cans for coffee and in recipes but I do like the taste of the 2%.

7. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

2% milk? Is it vaccum sealed?

I am in the shadows lurking.

8. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

LURKING IN THE SHADOWS!
    aa14bb9e1ca4807cd7b4ecf05520497f.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

killeroy154 likes this.
  9. Northern Dancer

=====> :finger:
    Yes it is and it doesn't need to be refrigerated until after opening. I thought it a bit expensive to purchase; it comes in a three pack for $3.00 and change.

10. Northern Dancer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNxaRCM4_Q1TNeKwHabcDcVcS3_QjflFwkRbA8Xxj-BTrPp251xA.jpg ...and behind trees images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwJGaoaO4WYdxHA6dGLNw52RxPgGFB1WIifTy1Md-jjLN_FY6W.jpg and in the rocks.

killeroy154 and Bibsoutdoors like this.
  11. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Oh ha. Like snoopy on covert missions.

3 dollars not bad for 3 liters, unless you meant 3 dollars per liter then ouch!. A gallon (3.8 liters)of regular milk at the store is well over 3 bucks. How is the taste of it? I not sure about it tho. I like cold milk with my cookies. I'll take a look around and see if they have that in this area.

12. Northern Dancer

=====> :(
    Not so lucky - we are on the metric system. So that means my milk containers are the size of one those small coke cans. Tastes good and I like my milk cold too so I have a small barrel that goes into the ground and keeps everything cold. Sometimes I place items like this in a net and throw it in the water.

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Novice Camper

Wow! :D I remember seeing this recipe before, if not this one then it's similar to this and it's perfect for an outdoor adventure like camping and road trips :) I also like snacks or appetizers like pica pica and vegetable sticks. Not only they are great finger foods but they are also easy to cook :)

14. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

This reminds me of my wife's 2 nephews who were teenagers that time when we went to a swimming pool resort. We brought along nice foods, drinks, fruits and even dessert because it was not a camping but more of a picnic. In the late afternoon, I was surprised when the 2 boys started making fire. Lo and behold, they brought along sizzling plates. I thought it was a joke until they came up with 2 sizzling plates of our favorite dish called "sisig" which is grilled pork bits. I joked that when I go camping I would invite them. Until now they remember my joke and they ask me when we shall go camping. They will not only bring the sizzling plates but also the blender for the smoothie.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

That would seem like a luxury when you are out there, which is all the more reason to give it a try. I love all the options that are available if you just go out and learn about them.

Draft saved Draft deleted