1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Onion bombs

Discussion in 'Food' started by Jessi, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Jessi

Jessi Novice Camper

DSC05359.JPG

Okay, so my other thread about the gourmet foods sent me down a trip of looking for other new foods to consider while camping.

Obviously that's the uncooked version in the picture, but it gives you an idea of how they're prepped. They basically made a meatloaf style mixure, stuffed the onions, tossed them in aluminum foil, and then cooked them directly in the campfire until done. Then they added ketchup, sriacha, etc, and chowed down.

(The cooked pictures are over here: http://eatinginneverland.blogspot.com/2012/09/onion-bombs-camping-food.html)

What do you think? Are these worth the effort while camping?

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Yum! I love onions and adding the stuffing is a great idea. I think I will try this at home. Thanks for sharing this recipe Jessi, I hope you have more goodies to share. Can hardly wait to try this one. :)

Jessi likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted