1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Other hobbies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bushman, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Bushman

Bushman Newbie

So what do you other forum members enjoy doing besides camping? I like to ride bike, do a bit of gaming, and I love getting out and playing some hockey with my friends in the winter. I also like to read books on our history and to learn more about how the world came to be especially ancient technologies and how they were used.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Well, right now I am really focused on school and I have always been interested in computer engineering which is what I am studying. I also like to read a lot although not really any particular subject, I read all sorts of things from novels, to history to science. Also another big hobby of mine is fitness and weight lifting which takes up a fair amount of my time.

3. TABL

TABL Explorer

I like to take pictures and scrapbook. I'm also a clogger (dancing!) My daughter and I just went to a clogging competition/convention this past weekend. We take lessons every week. I love it!

4. campforums

Its good to see a variety of balanced individuals on these forums, I think the thing about camping is that it is not really a niche hobby and people with all types of backgrounds, ages, and interests enjoy it.

Bushman, do you ever combine those hobbies and camp out around historical sites? There are lots of neat parks around old battle grounds where people do reenactments and search for artifacts.

5. S.L.Diamond

S.L.Diamond Newbie

I have to say I am a bit of a movie buff. I love most things Fantasy and Science Fiction and unfortunately, like the masses I'm into zombies. I do some amature writing, something I can't live without and of course it's heavily influenced by my love of Sci-Fi.

Okay hold on! You're the founder of this site, you study AND you work out.... One question "How you doin?" (Joey Tribbiani voice) Lol.

6. campforums

Haha, oh - not too bad. How about you?

7. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Other hobbies, well I like gardening and photography. I enjoy cooking and baking, and sewing. Love reading non-fiction and fiction books about living in the wilderness and topic's like gardening and outdoor crafts, and wild plants. I love walking in the woods just to listen to the wild birds and get a chance to see wildflowers and wildlife. I like fishing and swimming, and wading about in shallow creeks.
    I would have made a good farmers wife or outdoors man's wife, if given the chance. I love forest trails for the sake of always wondering what I would see just around the next bend in the road or what's in the woods across those open fields. Oh, to be young again! lol

8. Kementarri

Kementarri Newbie

I love to read (mostly adult fiction), do creative writing, play sports (soccer for 15+ years), be out and about (hiking, at parks, etc), playing guitar, working out , contemplating philosophy, and playing on-line games (mmorpgs). I am also big on blogging and learning about science and technology.

9. campforums

Sounds like a lot of nature stuff you're interested in, do you happen to live in a very rural area? For me I love that stuff too but don't get much chance to do it living in such a big city which is why I turn to camping.

Also reading is awesome, not enough people read as much as they should. We should start a book club thread in the off topic section haha

10. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I live in a small rural town and my house backs the woods. Yesterday they was a baby fawn in my backyard. So I grabbed my camera and went to get a picture of it. As I rounded my shed and peeked around the corner, to my surprise there were two fawns near the woods. My camera lens could not make the distance so I waited for a while until one came closer too me. Just as I took the picture, mama doe called them and they took off for the woods. So I got a picture of a fawn in flight. In talking with my neighbor I found out there are three fawns that come out in her yard. Hope to get that picture.
    Also we have a mama bear with a little cub, getting into garbage cans. I need to be care not to meet her & baby. They are usually around in late evening and after dark.

11. trsarge

trsarge Newbie

Well, let's see: I like walking in the woods (I live on an island in the Caloosahatchee river in Florida), I also do leather crafts and wood working (I grew up in a cabinet shop that my father owned). I'm kind of a jack of all trades, master of one or two!:)

12. Jason

Jason Newbie

I like sitting infront of the computer thats the only hobby i have and i do. Trying to add more hobbies to my list.

13. mett1982

mett1982 Novice Camper

Besides camping and enjoying the outdoors, I love taking pictures. Photography as been a hobby of mine for quite a while. It really goes well with my love for camping and definitely my love for the outdoors. Whenever I'm out on a hike, I always have my camera with me. At any moment there could be a really great shot and I'd hate to miss out on it because I didn't have my camera with me. Also hiking is a family thing for me. So it's a great time for me to get some amazing shots of my family and I. Other than photography, I really like playing video games, playing some basketball and gardening. I try to be outdoors as much as I can. I really develop some cabin fever, if I don't get out there and soak up some sun.

14. Camp6

Camp6 Novice Camper

Besides camping I like listening to music specifically hiphop. I never leave my FM radio at home whenever I go camping. I also like playing basketball whenever am free. I like jogging in the morning before I can do anything else. I also like attending to my garden.

15. Hello!
    Among the various types of hobbies, it can be distinguished, which in addition to entertaining pastimes also bring benefits. For example, gardening. Work in the garden gives a lot of hands, mind and heart. To break a flower bed, plant and plant trees is the height of work. He is given the planning and choice of methods of action. Any gardener will first find out about the flowers suitable for the flower bed, or about the varieties of trees. He plans how to protect his garden plot more efficiently or with which scissors to cut grass. This gives plentiful food to the mind, by the way about scissors, see here for detailed information Top 10 Best Grass Shears for Cutting Grass [2019 Review] - Grass Killer I know for many it is important. Plant flowers, weed, feed trees. This already gives a feasible physical load, all the systems of the human body are actively involved here. Work in the garden, like exercise, in sports, develops muscles, trains endurance, helps to cope with negative emotions. One of the problems causing poor health is physical inactivity.

16. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

-----> Interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted