1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Overnight on a boat

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by Alexandoy, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

Have you experienced spending overnight on a small boat or a yacth? To be honest, I don’t go for that kind of trip where you spend the night on the water. You don’t know what’s in the water at night huh. There was a beach resort here called Matabungkay where there are rafts with a room floating about half a kilometer from the shore. The rafts are designed for an overnight stay. Many tourists are renting those rafts that number more than 50 of different designs, different sizes. But as I said, I am not comfortable because what happens when something from the water would enter the room in the raft? That would be real scary.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Novice Camper

Wow that pretty awesome :D I always love the sea even though I'm not always in the beach. Staying overnight in a floating hotel-like room would be amazing (for me). I didn't know about this place though but I'm glad you've mentioned it as we would like to check it out sometime :) I think it's great for a perfect vacation.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

This is one that I am pretty sure I could not do. I already do not do well in small spaces, and then if you combine the fact that it would be a moving small space and surrounded by water, at night....that just spells disaster for my nerves. I suppose it would depend on some other things though too.

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...I never had the experience of sleeping overnight on a boat but have had experience sleeping in a boat - a canoe actually.
    We were young and paddled into solid lake cottage country and there were no public camp grounds. We were ordered off one private property and ended up sleeping [sort of] in a canoe. Not exactly a Holiday Inn experience. It was a learning curve...something called plan ahead. But - for two eighteen year olds - what the heck. :banghead:

5. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Wow I need to watch JAWS again. Oh I know, it's like in the Hollywood movies where they pitch a virgin into a volcano to appease the volcano god, maybe someone thinks they are going to appease a lake or water god by sticking you on a raft at night?

6. Northern Dancer

Dunno...how 'bout some thin like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAn0EEdblzkgKPHxnjrpqikwh71stvvAP71UOgVTQwiRSTGfnM.jpg You never know... images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIfzLt17YEv_Ig1tzaWLviyFb4bduhRYMT_THAmH9cJpDxZYK67w.jpg

But then again...you could live your whole life in fear of something.

7. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

3918be85975a7d47c9b363e958235d72.jpg Ooh shark bait. GET HER SHARKY!!

8. Northern Dancer

...I was reminded that I always ate the head off my chocolate Easter bunny so I don't have to listen to it scream.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJtlR-lTNN6aaZj12mH0O8Z6Bq_GgNRZkcv4hF6AcpXWQmrnZS.jpg

killeroy154 likes this.
  9. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

I think that seeing that giant image of Jaws would just solidify my knowing that I could not do it. Even if you told me that sharks were extinct and it was nothing but goldfish, I would still worry about getting eaten.

Draft saved Draft deleted