1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Painted Paddle

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by Northern Dancer, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

....first of all I have a cherry paddle and noooooo way would I paint it. But for the other ones it's kind of fun to paint them; appreciating that there are some skilful artists out there. Why paint? Why not? It personalizes your paddle and makes it distinctive among the rest. It might be your totem or some other graphic that illustrates some part of your life.

Now is the time to get ready for the summer adventure on the water.

IMG_1417.jpg My two painted paddles.

upload_2018-3-9_19-50-29.jpeg ...but for the real artists they look like this.

killeroy154 likes this.
  2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

We once went to a beach resort where the canoe paddles were painted with different colors and design. When the kids rented a canoe, they selected their own paddles. The attendant said that their paddles have a different design from the paddles of other canoes so when a user loses a paddle then they will know it is theirs.

Draft saved Draft deleted