1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Pests in the campsite

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Alexandoy, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

This is especially important when the campsite has no facilities just like an open wilderness where you pitch your tent. You have to be aware of the potential pests particularly mosquitoes and ants. But one time we went camping in a deserted hilly area. Guess what pestered us.... geckos at night. We would hear their croaking of "tooo-koh" getting nearer. As I have learned in my boy scout days, the bigger the voice of the gecko, the bigger is the gecko. A gecko can harm you with its talons so avoid it at all costs.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...we don't have any geckos. Try this ----->

upload_2017-7-20_22-38-25.jpeg upload_2017-7-20_22-39-1.jpeg :)

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

4. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

At least the geckos would be a little interesting, so I would have to go with those too. I am not really even sure where I could go around here to see something like a gecko, but that just make it more interesting I suppose.

Draft saved Draft deleted