1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Photography

Discussion in 'Nature' started by shaneparkins, Mar 17, 2013.

1. shaneparkins

shaneparkins Newbie

Hi CampForums,

Often on my travels I'll see the odd photographer and usually have time to have a chat with them and see some of their pictures. Photography of nature is something I would like to get into at some point but I would appreciate your feedback on a good camera to start with?

I don't want to spend a fortune in case I loose interest in it. I would also love to see any pictures you may have took or any guidance you can offer?

Shane :)

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Well if you want to get into photography then you definitely want a DSLR. Point and shoot cameras just do not offer enough options when setting up a shot for the photography hobbyist. They are more expensive but you should be able to get a quality brand name model for under $400 and you will be amazed at the quality of photos you can take compared to point and shoot or cell phone cameras.

Unfortunately I'm not an expert on camera's so I can offer you a specific model however I've always been told to buy from "camera companies" (like Canon and Nikon) as opposed to "electronics companies" (like Panasonic, Samsung or LG). You might also be able to save some money if you buy used. Good luck with your search!

3. shaneparkins

shaneparkins Newbie

Thanks for your feedback, I'll certainly take a look. I'll try and keep away from birds, not really having an interest but I see all sorts of weird and wonderful wildlife and I think it would be really rewarding to have a scrap book or portfolio to show for it. Not looking to gain anything financially - to me it makes sense, I'll update this thread once I get sorted with what I have bought.

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Sounds great, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you post.

Nature photographs can also be great decorative pieces around the house and if you take them yourself you avoid paying hundreds of dollars for someone else's work. You also get to have the enjoyment of selecting and framing it yourself.

5. Angelle

Angelle Newbie

I don't know much about cameras but Walmart has a great selection for a reasonable price. Maybe you should check them out, and see if anything interest you. Moreover, they have better products online. It's nice to see that someone appreciates nature just as I. I have always been interested in taking pictures of nature--it seems like a lot of fun. When ever I'd mention that to my friends they would say that I'm ridiculous and question why would I want to do that. Some friends I have. :-(

Draft saved Draft deleted