1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Picking a good summer camp for your children

Discussion in 'Canada' started by campforums, Nov 27, 2012.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

When choosing a good overnight camp for your son or daughter, it may help to check if the ones you are considering are part of the Ontario Camping Association. They ensure the camp meets certain minimum standards in areas such medical staff, nutrition, sleeping arrangements, liability insurance, and general safety.

For more information, check out their website:
    http://www.ontariocamps.ca/about/standards.html

2. Foster

Foster Newbie

Never been to Europe. I am from USA!

3. TABL

TABL Explorer

Ontario is in Canada :)

4. Jessi

Jessi Novice Camper

That's a really good link to check. I don't know if there are any similar sites for the US or UK.

I think that it's important to look beyond the minimum requirements, though, too. Sometimes those 'minimums' aren't very high at all. If you have a child with health issues, for example, then you would want top notch medical staff....not 'bare minimum'.

5. Toxique

Toxique Newbie

Ahh, I have been camping in Canada before even though I live in the US. I forgot the name of the location but it was up farther north of Canada. Anyway it was a great spot.

6. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Psst - Ontario as in Ontario, Canada.... you know that landmass up north populated with homunculi composed of equal parts maple syrup, politeness, and magical unicorn dust. Also homicidal rage, but generally that only appears when like hockey sticks make an appearance. *shudders*

Draft saved Draft deleted