1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Plastic tent

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by Alexandoy, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

I think it is just a novelty in one boutique here. It is actually an umbrella with a transparent material. But the design is like a tent. The store attendant said that it can be used as a tent in case there is a sudden downpour. I didn't buy although I was laughing to that novelty. But after some years, I now realize that the plastic tent has a good purpose and a practical one. When you are caught by a heavy rain and there is no shelter, you can use that plastic tent as a shelter instead of using it as an umbrella. Especially when you are in a nature trip, that's good enough to keep you dry.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

You mean something like this ----->

upload_2017-10-12_13-49-35.jpeg upload_2017-10-12_13-49-49.jpeg upload_2017-10-12_13-50-48.jpeg

"No tanks!" I stick to my standard brands that have protected me against the elements for years.

Though - I have used shelters.

Draft saved Draft deleted