1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Portable Camping Cooking Bag...

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Northern Dancer, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

upload_2016-8-2_21-16-23.jpeg
    When I go tripping I carry my Outbound cook set that consists of a pry pan, a pot, a lid and inside is a small kettle. The set is just fine but every now and then I want a three piece meal and my set doesn't accommodate the same. What to do?

I came across this product last year called Portable Camping Cooking Bag. It's fabulous.

It includes 10 heating packs, a measuring cup, a reusable and resealable food warmer bag.

Simple to use - water, heating pack and food. It produces heat at a temperature of 194 degrees Celsius The left over material is harmless to humans and the environment. How bout that?

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

That's pretty toasty, what have you cooked with it? Is that hot enough to cook raw meat?

The heating packs makes it sound similar to these guys (hand warmers)

51Fgmtf%2BIpL.jpg

3. Northern Dancer

I would think that they are based on the same concept. The MRE meals that I sometimes carry have the same pouch. I've never tried raw meat but heated up bacon (that you can purchased already cooked) and canned vegetables. I have cooked chicken/turkey/ham chunks and they came out fine. I'm sill experimenting.

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Precooked chicken/turkey/ham? For warming things up it would be excellent I think but I don't know if I could trust it to fully cook meat, especially since I would begin to panic about whether it would run out of heat before I could finish cooking. Getting food poisoning would not be fun :grumpy:

5. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Neat that might be a good backup plan for me to try.

I made handwarmers with rice for my husband to use at work. Then 5 of his coworkers wanted them too. They'd heat them up in the microwave before going outside. I wonder if I can find a way to heat them while camping without possibly burning the crap out of them. Maybe a little tin foil pocket and stick them in a pan?

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

6. Northern Dancer

---------------------------------------------:)

You can trust it - the product was designed for the military and later sold to the public. You will not run out of heat for a healthy period of time - so it is safe.

campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted