1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Portable stove with LPG tank

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Alexandoy, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

I had experienced going on a camping trip with a portable stove LPG tank (liquefied petroleum gas). One of our companions brought one since, he said, the camp is less than an hour of walk from the parking area. Uh, okay, you carry it yourself. And when we came to the woods, there was nothing, no facilities, not even a barbecue pit. It’s just an expanse where you can pitch the tent. Oh, oh. It’s time for improvisation. But with that portable LPG stove, we were saved from a lot of hassle. In an instant, we were cooking our meat and rice. I’d say that portable LPG stove is one good invention for camping. But the downside, it is not light to carry.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

It would be great if you have a picture @Alexandoy. Personally I like the challenge of free camping other than organized or site camping.

There are other products on the market BUT you can make your own wood stove that is light as a feather. You simply use the twigs of the forest floor as fuel and when you have finished with it you can throw it out. :)

upload_2017-7-10_21-46-13.jpeg upload_2017-7-10_21-47-19.jpeg upload_2017-7-10_21-51-45.jpeg

killeroy154 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted