1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Portable Wind Turbine

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by PhoenixBath, Feb 16, 2016.

1. PhoenixBath

PhoenixBath Newbie

All,

I am currently a final year Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Bath and I am in the process of developing a DIY portable wind turbine made from your old washing machine.

The Phoenix project came about as a result of the circular economy drive and focuses on reuse rather than recycle. I am trying to collect data from potential users in order to help formulate the final specifications for the product, the link to the survey I have prepared in order to help me collate this information can be found below:
    Phoenix Project User Study: Washing Machine Wind Turbine

I will be extremely grateful for any responses as the more people respond, the better I can understand the potential users of the product and therefore the better I can develop the product to meet these users needs.

Regards,

PhoenixBath

2. Camp6

Camp6 Novice Camper

You can use a portable wind turbine to drive a motor hence producing electricity needed for your camping. You can buy a motor after constructing your wind turbine or you can simply make yours. We are lately concerned about climate change and how we can avoid fumes that result from fuels. The use of firewood and other fuels while camping also contribute to climate change. You can also use the power generated to charge mobile phones and other devices. If you consider camping near a stream then getting water will not be that difficult. You will just need to connect a small pump that you can buy online.

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Sure, what kind of info are you looking to gather specifically? Mostly like power requirements and what people would want to run off it?

Thanks for stopping by!

Draft saved Draft deleted