1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Post your best nature/scenery photos here

Discussion in 'Nature' started by campforums, Dec 22, 2012.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

To be honest, I think that photography has as much to do with the camera and equipment you use as it does setting up the shot.

*awaits angry messages from photographers*

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I think so too...knowing how to use the equipment helps.

3. campforums

That's true, but nowadays you don't need to know anywhere near as much as you used to. Cameras have a bunch of auto focus and preset configurations that work wonders, especially as you go towards more high end cameras.

4. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

For not having any "photography skills", you do quite well. I also have had no training and yet have done alright by just taking the shot with my good camera. But in a way we train ourselves by what works and what does not, by taking another picture until the effect we want emerges. Good job! I like it. :)

5. Northern Dancer

Thanks. It seems to me that the newer cameras take up the slack and make us look better.

Trust all is going well in your camp with the move and all that.

The summer has been miserable in terms of the weather but I'm determined to make the best of it. If we wait for the better days we might end up doing nothing. ND

6. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Things are going slow as I am trying to still make room to move in. Mom has so much stuff it is overwhelming as what to do with it all. Just shuffling things from room to room, or to the crowded upstairs, cellar and garage. I am sick of it all and yet must move in before end of month. As for camping that too is on hold until move and rain stops. It is a very wet cold summer down here. Glad your making the best of it all. Hope to read more about your camping fun times. :confused::happy:

7. Northern Dancer

Things will work out eventually though the process can be long and sometimes hard. In the meantime you have contributed great stuff and have sparked interest and discussion on the Babble site. Keep doing that to keep the flame alive. I know that I find Camping Babble a bit of a stress release as it gives me an opportunity to put my mind somewhere else, even if for a short time.

8. Northern Dancer

9. campforums

Rainy weather can make for some great shots too! Water always seems to reflect light in interesting ways.

I am glad to hear that. I think it is good to take a break from whatever it is you are doing now and then so that you can come back with a fresh mind.

10. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Explorer

Wow! that looks very beautifull!

11. campforums

Thanks @Saul Goodman, do you have any nice pictures to share? :)

12. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

I really like this pic its so cool and has you seeing the boats on the ocean. I am curious to know what spot was the pic was taken. This is a cool location in Australia looks like paradise lol.

I just noticed in that pic that small land in the middle of that river looked almost like a island. I never thought that those trees would be anymore beautiful then what they appear. It looks so amazing you can have fun with a kayak.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  13. Northern Dancer

Great to see you on line Saul - back from camp, back to school? :( I kinda know what that is all about.

14. Northern Dancer

...getting material for my next pics presentation... I call it "Fall Panorama".

96go7p.jpg

campforums likes this.
  15. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

Shark fin island, located off of Kaunolu, island of Lanai.

a2d5df38404c6a8912ff1fe2a6c754f3.jpg

16. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

Ship wreck beach on the island of lanai. This is one of 2 ships that hit land and was abandoned. As a kid we would play on the washed up debris from the ships. Large Matson containers.

shiprwrech-beach-sign.jpg
    lanai-shipwreck-beach.jpg

campforums likes this.
  17. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

Hulopoe Beach Park. My friends and I use to go camping here because all the chicks use to be there at night. It was during my rebeliion years. My family went to one side of the island and I went here to look for girls.

hulopoe_beach_park.jpg
    6905295201_9d14dff6b9.jpg

18. Northern Dancer

Thanks a lot!

The one great thing about Camping Babble is that we can enjoy the sights that other Babblers share. It really does make us a global community of sorts. More than that, it enhances our own experience and adds to our enjoyment..

19. campforums

@JoshPosh Hawaii looks beautiful :)

Wow, that scene really looks familiar. Those purples and yellows and browns are something I always enjoy seeing in Ontario during the fall.

20. Northern Dancer

Man...that really looks like a shark big!

Draft saved Draft deleted