1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Preparation Basics...

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Northern Dancer, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

With all the time on my hands of recent date, I've been practicing my preparation techniques. With the comprehensive list, I made of recent date it was easy to be prepared in a relatively short time.

So what are the basics - the essential stuff you need to have a great camp/canoe trip?

Shelter, Sleep System, Clothing, Food, Cooking devices including utensils, Personal gear - toiletries, meds, headlamp, water filtration, and a backpack/barrel to carry it all. You might need a pulley/rope to hang your food bag and possibly bear spray depending on where you go. Maybe a sharp hatchet or wilderness knife and oh ya - the canoe and works if you are planning a canoe trip.

Simple really.

Simple? Try placing it all in your one backpack or barrel. It all has to fit and if it doesn't you have to start eliminating items. One pack - One back. Carry it in, Carry it out.

What's your experience?

Telemarketers and scammers need not advise.

Draft saved Draft deleted