1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Red Pine Lake solo...

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by Northern Dancer, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

It was a stormy Monday when I headed out....finally I made it and enjoyed my stay. Can you believe? The toilet seat that I installed for comfort a few years back is still there. :)

IMG_0844.jpg

...well look at that? Must belong to a "Camping Babbler".

IMG_0842.jpg IMG_0833.jpg
    ...using a free standing tent. Tall enough to stand and have a cot inside with a chair.

IMG_0834.jpg ...blue food barrel & night light on tree. IMG_0843.jpg IMG_0836.jpg

I had a sandy beach with low water on the one side of the site. Beautiful area in the Haliburton Water Way Tails system - and only $14.00 a night. Not bad - I've paid a lot higher in other jurisdictions.

WOULD SURE LIKE TO SEE YOUR PICS!
    :):cool::p:happy::headphone::singing:;)o_O:finger::angelic:

IMG_0835.jpg

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Fabulous! ! Thank you for the pics. Awsome looking place. Glad you had a good time.

3. Northern Dancer

----------------------------------------------> :)
    Glad you liked them - I'll be back in August at the Island with a friend. I'm now getting ready to be in Algonquin Park for 21 days starting July 4th [your national day of celebration]. I'll have a base camp and will be doing short trips into the interior.

2sweed likes this.
  4. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

The lake looks beautiful, and inviting. Can you swim there, too? I love swimming! Since I grew up in northern Idaho and along the shores of Lake Pend O'reille, we always swam in the lake. There was a beautiful sandy beach, and the water was pretty clear. Sometimes, my friends and I would ride our horses out of town and along the shore of the lake, and there was a more private area where we would even take the horses in the water and let them swim a little, or at least splash around.

Now, we go to the fitness center every other day and swim, and have a little pool out in the back yard; so I have been in the water every single day this summer, one place or the other. I am getting some of my lost muscle tone back again and even getting a decent suntan; but I sure would love to actually be able to spend the day at a lake like you were at.

I would swim, and also be hoping to catch some fish to fry on the campfire for supper!! Love the pictures, @Northern Dancer!!

killeroy154 likes this.
  5. Northern Dancer

...the water is silky soft. I always wash my hair (up and off shore); it makes it light and shinny. The part of the natural beach is just a few feet deep allowing you to lay down in it. Like a gigantic bath tub designed by some rich eccentric. On the other side the water is deeper for serious swimming.

6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Awesome, it looks great! I was wondering when someone would finally post some pictures of their patch :D

If you wouldn't mind, could you post a higher resolution picture of that or others if you have them, in the crests/patches discussion for others to see?

FREE Patches/Crests now available!

7. Northern Dancer

----------------------------------------------------- > :)

I could probably do that. The pat is sown to my life jacket.

campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted