1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Reese is gone...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Northern Dancer, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Reese

Tuesday 22 August 2000 to Thursday 26 November 2015

my_dog_reese.jpg

I am in tears,

while carrying you to your last resting place
    as much as I rejoiced

when bringing you home

in my own arms fifteen years ago.

2. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie Novice Camper

My sympathy and prayers go to you. Though I never met Reese I know he was a special friend to you and a joy to others. Heaven will light the way to the rainbow bridge for Reese. Hang Tough and remember he loved you too.

3. Northern Dancer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appreciate that. Reese was on every canoe trip, backpacking hikes, camp outs and just about everywhere else was at my side. His disposition was marvellous and he was better behaved than most humans. Though his death was not unexpected it was difficult all the same. The hunt is on for another companion.

happyflowerlady likes this.
  4. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

Oh, Dancer, I am SO sorry to hear this sad news ! I know that you had said earlier that Reese was not doing well this year, and you were not able to take him along with you any more; but even though it probably does not come as a surprise to you to lose him, that in no way stops the heartbreak of your loss.
    These beloved animals are part of our family, and part of our hearts, and it is just so hard to see them go; but sometimes, we know that it saves them from suffering, and that is a good thing.
    I know that my little Chipper is getting older, and he does not see, hear, or even smell as well as he used to . He is becoming more fragile as he grows older, and he will be 14 in January. As long as he is able to live a happy life, even though it is not a active as he used to be, I am just thankful for that.
    My prayers for you in your loss of Reese, and I believe that he will be in Heaven watching down on you.

image.jpeg

5. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

I am so sorry.

6. Northern Dancer

Thank you everyone - somehow I thought it fitting to post his passing on Camping Babble as a tribute and a memorial. Our dogs (and other pets) really do become an integral part of our lives.

7. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I sorry to hear the bad news, I hope you are doing alright. I know you and Reese were very close and he was a great companion;

8. Northern Dancer

Ya...I'm okay. Thursday was tough but I'm moving on. Thanks.

campforums likes this.
  9. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts and how hard it is to move on. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, that you will heal quickly and hopefully find a new companion that will fill the empty place in your heart.

upload_2015-11-30_0-24-3.jpeg

10. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I think it is really nice that you shared this hear, I think it goes to show the supportive and welcoming community we are fortunate enough to have :) thank you

11. Northern Dancer

THANK YOU!

2sweed likes this.
  12. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

This is a wish for you. Not to make you sad, though it might, but to help you in moving on to a new companion.

Northern Dancer likes this.
  13. Northern Dancer

I did enjoy that - thanks.

killeroy154 and 2sweed like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted