1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Rescue Me Balloon

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Northern Dancer, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

And interesting product for around seventy-five dollars. Again - one has to consider the circumstances one would use this. This would be a supplemental emergency signal.

20256.jpg

You’re lost in the woods or floating on a life raft. You open a small canister to deploy a Rescue Me Balloon that floats 150 feet in the air to emit a bright, flashing LED that will keep strobing for up to a week. The balloon is radar detectable, allowing rescuers to use more technology to search for survivors.

Balloons as distress signals are not entirely new, but this design is unique and definitely has some potential practical applications. Used in conjunction with traditional flares, the Rescue Me Ballon could be a powerful implement in the emergency toolbox.

20257.jpg

More information from GEAR JUNKIE or the manufacturer.

I tell ya - there's a lot of stuff in that there warehouse! :)

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

That's pretty neat! That could be a real life saver.

Draft saved Draft deleted