1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Research paper proves Sasquatch is real

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by campforums, Feb 18, 2013.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Its a new species, they call it "Homo sapiens cognatus". They were able to collect enough samples from people across North America including bits of hair and stuff. I don't know what to think about this, however it is after all only one researcher.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/02/bigfoot-genome-paper-conclusively-proves-that-sasquatch-is-real/

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Newbie

I don't know. If they had real evidence of Bigfoot's existence, wouldn't it be front page news?
    The video looks like someone left a shag rug in the woods. I like to watch those survival reality shows like Dual Survival and you would think that all those cameras in all those forests would have caught a glimpse of Bigfoot if he was out there.
    How come Bear Grylls or the River Monsters guy, or the Hillybilly Handfishers have never gotten Bigfoot on film?

3. rdahl125

rdahl125 Newbie

All in all this looks pretty sketchy and inconclusive to me... especially since they even admit, it looks to be human DNA mixed with that of several other mammals. Who knows how those could've ended up together. There will have to be much more research done before they come up with something convincing -- and yes, I agree, if someone had actually "conclusively proven" Bigfoot's existence, the first thing they'd be looking for is publicity.

4. CampAllDay

CampAllDay Newbie

It's kinda creepy when you think about it. Just imagine camping with your family when all of a sudden some beast pops out of no where surprising you. This article has me intrigued, I'm going to take my camera with me every where from now on.

5. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Haha, I wouldn't worry about it. Besides even if you do manage to snap a few pictures you will only join the many other people who claim to have pictures of "Big Foot".

6. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Until more of the general public actually see a "Big Foot" I think in terms of people just trying to make a name for themselves. One guy from up here in Pennsylvania, claimed he saw one cross the highway. That TV show Chasing Bigfoot, came up and they walked around the woods and did not find anything. During hunting seasons, there are countless hunters in the woods and hunting season has been going on forever up here. You would think someone would have seen something. I think he saw a bear walking upright, which they are known to do and decided to get his name plastered everywhere in the news and get famous.

Draft saved Draft deleted