1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Ridiculous or Not?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Northern Dancer, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Is this ridiculous or not?

It’s 3:00 P.M. the workday is dragging on, and then you feel it: The midday crash. Good news, pitch these office-friendly tents and take a nap at work.

upload_2017-9-9_15-14-48.jpeg
    Nap Tent

Too modest to lie down and sleep on the floor in a black abyss-pod? Privacy Pop offers a more subtle, albeit slightly so, alternative. Put your head down at your desk, close your eyes, and bury your torso in this half-body isolation booth.

upload_2017-9-9_15-16-54.jpeg
    :bear: Baden Bear here. "Where on earth does Northern Dancer find this stuff?"

killeroy154 likes this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I agree with Baden Bear, where in the world did you find this?

3. Northern Dancer

-----> I subscribe to the free monthly email magazine gearjunkie - they are exceptionally up-to-date with all the latest trends and junk? Two trips coming up - Friday 22nd of September for the weekend and then Monday morning off again for canoeing and camping with a friend. I think that does it for the season. Then there is winter. Got my self [a bit embarrassed to say] a fabulous new down winter coat for dirt cheap at Sears. 75% off. I was feeling lucky so I purchased a new mattress at Sail for - you guest it - 75% off. I wanted a new pad for tenting and I just couldn't resist the deal. Sail is a large retail outdoor store in this region.

4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Yes I get gear junkie. You were the one that mentioned it on here long time ago. I guess I skipped that item, ha now I know why.

2 trips coming up eh, something to look forward to. Do you use the same food list, or do you try something lots different every so often? I enjoy the trips when I have more time for sitting and cooking. Lots of times I go with my brother it's like a huge fishing marathon.

You do a fair amount of winter camping don't you? Do you, sometimes, pull stuff in on sled?

5. Northern Dancer

@killeroy154 I tend to use the food menu frequently but I like to change some things to prevent it from becoming mundane. Sometimes I take a trip to our local mega food store and see what's on the shelf that I can use. I like to roast Cornish Hens in the Dutch oven or make a meat stew in my can cooker or try another cooking challenge of some kind. I have learned to bake fresh bread in my Dutch oven over an open fire and not use briquettes.

When it comes to winter camping I use a sled and leave my vehicle behind and hike into a camp site. I've noticed of recent date that an hour or so from the parking lot does my ego just fine. I usually set up near some water way - a lake or stream. I've done both - just plain tenting or hot tenting as they call it. It all depends how long I'm staying out.

Draft saved Draft deleted