1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Rules for Camping

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by ExplorePathfinder, Mar 16, 2015.

1. The UK Boy Scouts listed ten unofficial rules for camping in a recent blog post with my remarks in parenthesis:
    1. Turn off the phones (not a problem if you're remote enough)
    2. The kettle should always be boiled (thinking of those English folks and their tea)
    3. Don't end up accidentally feeding the midges (our midges don't bite, but maybe theirs do?)
    4. Watch the stars at night ... and the sunrise in the morning
    5. Make time for a sing-a-long around the campfire
    6. Once you've finished packing, add one extra blanket (unless you are backpacking)
    7. Remember the bacon
    8. Nap, eat and relax, but try to do one new activity you will always remember
    9. Set up camp upwind of the toilets
    10. ... and decide whether you need to use one before you get into your sleeping bag
    What are your unofficial rules for camping??

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Fun stuff...I always enjoy reading these funny ideas.

Rules? We don't use the term. It is a constricting word in an environment that screams freedom.

So, if it is a group. We have a code of conduct.

Is it safe?
    Will it make me proud?
    Is it good for the community?
    Will I be embarrassed?
    Do I understand that the Leadership is not present to govern my behaviour?
    In terms of our individual and collective use of the wilderness we adhere to No Trace Camping.

It is understood that safety never takes a holiday.

To assure that everyone is on the same page - we ain't goin no wheres without an orientation.

But if you insist...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5WnBP72JnBb2RstLoBLTyhZAnwiRhPp1KNmNA5tE2FZtUzSyx.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAYVBwh-c24LYA21AZhZZuJkdu34apZncenW8eAaB8ixtjZaKx.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted