1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Skunk Remedy

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Bibsoutdoors, May 23, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

We found out the hard way this remedy for someone or in our case our dog who got sprayed by a skunk. It worked surprisingly well. I'll pass it on to you.

quart of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
    a quarter-cup baking soda
    a teaspoon or two of liquid soap.

Mix and scrub, rinse off after it does it's thing and the smell is nearly gone. Maybe we didn't clean everywhere and that is why we had hints of skunk.
    images.png

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Wheewww boy! Puppy chasing the ole poll cats. One of my fears when camping is to walk up on the tail end of a skunk.

3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Yes sir, walking up on the south end of a north bound skunk is never pleasant. But to make us SUFFER because the dog was bone headed...Well that's just rude!

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Both Blazer and Reese have been sprayed or is there another word that describes a yelping dog that just had his dignity lowered considerably be a lessor creature?

I don't have time to waste because as you know everything they brush up against paints the material with that repugnant ordour.

So...

upload_2017-6-14_19-17-48.jpeg
    I Never left home without it.

Draft saved Draft deleted