1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Sledging

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by PAPA!, Dec 10, 2012.

1. PAPA!

PAPA! Newbie

Anybody like sledging or ice skating here?? I am going to Xcape Sno-Zone this Friday to watch Nativity 2 and go sledging. It will be really fun, i can't wait :p

2. Toxique

Toxique Newbie

I have only gone like 3 times and I suck at it so yeah :p

3. Foster

Foster Newbie

Does indoor ice skating now?

4. TABL

TABL Explorer

Sledging? Is that the same as sledding? We ice skate on our pond, if it freezes! It didn't freeze last year :(

5. charity

charity Newbie

I was going to ask the same question. Never heard of sledging. I do go sledding every year, except last year it only snowed once and we had an unusually warm winter here in Northwest Iowa. We don't ice skate on a pond, but we do go to the ice skating rink quite a bit.

6. TABL

TABL Explorer

We were really hoping our pond would melt, but it's gotten too warm right now. The snow we had has melted away. It's sad.

7. I go sledging whenever it snows, but I don't like ice skating :s

8. R. Zimm

R. Zimm Newbie

I first thought he was talking about using a sledge hammer to destry something. Hey, I'm in, sounds like fun!

9. lindsay365

lindsay365 Newbie

That sounds like a fun way to spend my winter. The problem is that where i live, it never gets extremely cold so I only skate on artificial ice from some high end hotels. Its pretty much expensive to ice related fun. Am learning a few fun methods of skating on the hard surface or going swimming instead. Has anybody here ever been to a camp where they swam on a river?

10. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

I do go ice skating. We have an outdoor sports park. And we also have an indoor skating rink that we go to sometimes. But I have no idea what sledging is. So I have to say no to the sledging. And just what is sledging anyway?

11. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

I live in the Pacific Northwest and sledding is a big thing over here. I never tried Ice Skating ,but my daughter goes Ice Skating at a Ice Skating place in town. I have always love sledding since I was a kid.

Draft saved Draft deleted