1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Slipping Sleeping Bags (say that 5 times fast)

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by campforums, Jun 22, 2015.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

One thing that always comes up when camping (unless you have a nice cot in your tent like @Northern Dancer) is that you tend to move around a lot in the night. Especially with Nylon sleeping bags, they can cause you to slide around if you are on an incline because there is very little friction between the bottom of the tent. What do you guys use to prevent this? It can be very annoying :mad:

2. L_B

L_B Explorer

I use a those foam mats that click together. We use them to cover the entire ground surface of the tent. This is our first year using them and there is a huge difference. I wonder how you managed without this before. They add to the comfort and they keep you from slipping and sliding all over the place.

3. campforums

Like the kind that kids use?

I have never thought of that, I've only seen the rolls that they sell specifically for sleeping on at camping stores. But that is an even better idea because you can customize it to the shape of your tent.
    foam_puzzle_puzzle_play_mats_interlocking_foam.jpg

4. L_B

L_B Explorer

Yes they are the ones that we use. They work great. :)

campforums likes this.
  5. campforums

Thanks for the tip, they certainly brighten up the tent also

L_B likes this.
  6. L_B

L_B Explorer

You are welcome! :)

7. sillysal54

sillysal54 Newbie

Wow....I have the same issue. Not having any kids, I've never seen these. So you order them online?

8. campforums

I am sure you could buy them online if you wanted, but they are fairly common. I am sure I've seen them in Walmart

9. sea_goin_dude

sea_goin_dude Novice Camper

Similar I guess but I bought a large nylon sleeping bag, just in case I go camping. I thought I could unzip it and use it OPEN for a comforter on my bed....NOT... seems it is so slick, the nylon, that there is NO WAY to keep it on the bed. SO, it stays rolled up and in the closet.

10. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...when I'm tripping I put my sleeping pad into an insert and then place it in the sleeping bag. I don't have any trouble rolling around and neither can the sleeping bag slip off.

upload_2017-7-26_11-8-2.jpeg

killeroy154 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted