1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Small utility pot

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Alexandoy, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

The small utility pot is actually designed for 2 persons. The primary use is in cooking rice and secondary is for the soup dishes. I had learned to bring the utility pot when I was in college. Our military training involved a survival course and our platoon leader hinted on the utility pot. The campsite was in the woods with a nearby small river for the water supply. There were edible vegetation like ferns and wild root crops. I was really fortunate to know all those food so I had the exclusive use of such. But how do I cook? Most of my classmates sufficed with broiling since that’s the only possible way to cook food. But I had the luxury of cooked rice and a soup made from fern and 1 fish that I had trapped in the river. Truly, the utility pot is very utile in camping trips.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...some really interesting experience here @Alexandoy - would like to hear more. I have a camp set that you would refer to as a utility pot, in this case it is designed for one person.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeX9dnPCEWLP6nZ5_L3Jv3Fz23mNzHZC3rWi4SzWWd6I49F1-cJg.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3Gjc9L19DUzXoQmPKQFAhQxGkjrh2eZyaObjgoE6DaheJOPczIg.jpg
    It is light weight, comes in a bag for storage/packing.

3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I love set ups like this, my wife would like to flog me when ever I being new ones (one for her, one for me) home. We hardly use what we have. I just like them. Each one has its own silver reflective bubble wrap, you know, in case we ever do use them. The latest ones I've been looking to pick up are those titanium cups with the titanium canteen. I've NO use for it, but.....

Bibsoutdoors

Draft saved Draft deleted