1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Smores variations

Discussion in 'Food' started by Jessi, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Hi, tess pfeif.

I will be more than happy to answer all your questions. :) The S'mores rack is pretty easy and simple to use. When I first took it out the box I thought it was going to be difficult but it was not. Besides on a barbecue grill, it can be used on a camp fire also. Placing the rack on the grill wasn't no hustle, and it tasted about the same as s regular camp fire.

Yes, I do different varieties of S'mores for my family and friends but I like minds simple. When I'm done with the rack I wash it with soap and water then put it away. It's a cool little gadget... :cool:

I highly recommend!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Smores are quite basic and sadly Inever had one. I don't know why I have not had the chance to eat one.

3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

It's an old camping treat that was introduced by Girl Scouts of America in the early 1900"s. See all the cool stuff you can do when you become a full pledge camper? I suppose that is why camping in all its aspects is appealing to many. You can do gunky things, have fun, and get away with it even as an adult.

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Even as a adult I would be able to learn to have fun even if some things were missed. Camping allows you to do many things hence why I feel like I am missing out of the fun.

5. Northern Dancer

...you don't have to miss out. If you really want to get with it. Get a few friends together and form your own camping club, or join an organization that promotes camping like Boy Scouts of America.

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

That is the issue I don't have any friends and people seem rude in the town I live in. I just have had a hard time making friends in my life and I feel awkward just going up and talking to people. There is maybe some people that seem friendly here and there but meeting folks has always been terrible for me.

7. Northern Dancer

Sorry to hear about your circumstance. I have to admit I have not had that experience in my life and have trouble understanding your situation. Be that as it may - enjoy Camping Babble - it might help promote interest and develop skills and provide an avenue of some enjoyment.

8. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

That is why I like it here North its like I can talk to some people and be understood. Its like I can learn from people about camping. I really would not mind camping as long as I don't get lost lol.

9. weekender

weekender Newbie

My kids and I love smores; but it is not for everyone. During one of our camping trips, one of our companions hated marshmallows. Knowing fully well that we are going to cook smores, he didn't want to miss out on the fun. He brought peaches and bananas, grilled these as a replacement for the mallows, and it worked!

When you run out of chocolate bars, you can also use Nutella. It may be a bit runny when hot, but that's part of the fun.

10. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

We used to eat so many smores as kids! We always do the typical graham cracker, chocolate bar, hot marshmallow topped with another graham cracker. I dont think we have made them any other way. I cant eat too many as an adult though, they are quite sweet.

Draft saved Draft deleted