1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Snow!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TABL, Dec 31, 2012.

1. TABL

TABL Explorer

Do you have snow? I am in upstate NY and we have more than a foot of snow! Yesterday my hubby and I pulled our boys on their sleds in back of our quad. They love it!!!!

2. ps3fanboy

ps3fanboy Newbie

haha first the heatwave now the snow. I remember going to Arizona when they had snow and they were going crazy over it but I, from England, would've prefered the sun and the heat seeing as though if I wanted bad weather I wouldn't have gone on holiday.

I could understand why they were celebrating the change in weather as I'd get bored of the sun everyday too but just wish it was snowy after I left

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I live in Toronto, not too far from you TABL and we have a few feet as well.

Happy new year!

4. TABL

TABL Explorer

Happy New Year to you as well!
    Today we pulled the boys around on their sleds again. They love thrill rides! It's SOOOO cold though.

5. GSBryce

GSBryce Newbie

I love snow, too bad we never have a substantial amount of it. I live in the south and when we do have a lot of snow, EVERYTHING is closed down. No work = me a happy girl! I guess if we did have snow on a regular basis we probably wouldn't get the perk of getting a paid day off work, but I still wish we had a true winter filled with a White Christmas and all :(

6. TABL

TABL Explorer

When it snows here, you're still expected to do everything, and it can get kind of scary. The roads can be cold and icy and snowy and people still drive like maniacs! I'd love if everything shut down, but it could possibly be shut down for months! LOL

7. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I think this weekend's snow storm beat the last one for sure, lol.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Newbie

I'm located in Miami, Florida and we don't have snow. What we have are hurricanes. Whether everything is shut down and schools/work closed depends on the category of the hurricane. We've had some pretty bad ones, like Hurricane Wilma which left 4 millions Floridians without power for weeks. They had to bring in electrical workers from other states because Florida Power and Light didn't have enough workers to fix the downed power lines for millions of people.
    You would think that because these storms happen so much in Florida, they would put those power lines underground or something, but I guess that would be too expensive of an undertaking.

A hurricane warning is what kids in Florida get instead of a snow day.

9. mett1982

mett1982 Novice Camper

I live in central New York and we usually have way more snow than we know what to do with. Growing up I use to love the amount of snow we would get. I was always outside with my friends, family or my dog playing. Either making an awesome snow fort, chasing my dog or having a snowball fight with my friends in the neighborhood. My dad had two snowmobiles. He and I would take those out on super long trail rides and spend some time together. Those are some great memories with my dad. Whenever we would get a big snow storm the neighborhood kids, my brothers and I would play tackle football out on the street. So many amazing memories I have because of snow. Now that I am older, I can't stand the stuff. We recently got about 10 inches and I was out shoveling my driveway and I thought to myself "why do I live in this kind of climate?" Seriously, I choose to live in a state that about 6-7 months out of the year it's cold outside. I love New York State during the spring, fall and summer. The fall is especially pretty because of all the leaves changing but man, the winters can be brutal!

10. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I like looking at snow, but in east tn it doesn't last very long and then it's yuck and wet when it melts. My wife loves the winter months here because she can wear her boots and coats. I on the other hand like warmer weather because I can run outside with shorts, tee shirt and sandals. Go figure I was raised near the upper peninsula in Michigan, and now married to a hillbilly girl, and she is the one that loves the cold months.????

Draft saved Draft deleted