1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Snowshoes - How to choose and size them appropriately

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by EricBTTA, Mar 25, 2019.

1. EricBTTA

EricBTTA Novice Camper

Hey guys was wondering what your opinions are on Snowshoes, and how many of you have experience with them. This last winter was a good one up here and having snowshoes really does make all the difference in regards to winter travel.

I also just recently posted a video on choosing and sizing snowshoes. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I personally use the “Atlas Access 30” Snowshoes, primarily in eastern Ontario and in the laurentian mountains around around Mt Tremblanc in Quebec. As well as at the archery range when the snow is deep enough.

Please feel free to share your experiences with them and let us know where you have used them in the past.

- Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Nice to see you online @EricBTTA. I've used my Algonquin style snowshoes in Thunder Bay, Bala, and Algonquin and places close to home. Newer styles are smaller, lighter and simpler to manage but I still enjoy what I have.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK7MBQpH89RCVTTa4d5PAz9QzmnSKXGT5aQbno4FB2yvglyEfXcA.jpg

EricBTTA likes this.
  3. EricBTTA

EricBTTA Novice Camper

They look great Northern Dancer, traditional snowshoes are still very effective yet there is something special about em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted