1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Solar Cooker...

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Northern Dancer, Jun 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Solar Cooker: GoSun Stove Bakes Food With Sunshine
    Cook food with the sun — that’s the basic premise of GoSun Stove, a glass-and-aluminum contraption that looks like it landed from space.

gosun-solar-cooker.jpg

A sword-like cooking tray pulls out of a glass tube. Hot dogs, potatoes, eggs, muffins, stir fry, and more is baked inside. No fuel is required. It doesn’t need batteries. Solar energy cooks the food. Reflectors capture sunlight then focus it onto the unit’s “oven,” a two-layer vacuum vessel made of glass. Portable and simple to use, the unit will reduce the need for wood as fuel in the developing world. Using the free energy of the sun, the company has a greater mission of protecting forests and helping women who are burdened each day with cooking over smoky fires and gathering wood. All you need is direct sun.

Read more about it on Gearjunkie - a free outdoor magazine. Well written, interesting and full of fun facts and futts - I mean stuff. [Just had to get the four "f's"]

2. Faust

Faust Explorer

Sounds cool and very innovative, I like the company's ideology as well.

3. Northern Dancer

______________________________________________________________________ - :)

You might like goalzero and luminaid too.

4. Faust

Faust Explorer

I couldn't see myself using such for many years.. I'm a diehard cast iron campfire cook :joyful:
    Still, cool product(s).

5. Northern Dancer

@Faust

I like Dutch oven cooking and have become pretty good at it. Then again - I think that I have used just about every method of cooking. Agreed...and open campfire is the greatest.

6. Camp6

Camp6 Novice Camper

The invention can really save our world from fumes that contribute to climate change. It can also save the user a lot of money. It is also convenient to use. You also do not fear being electrocuted like when you are using electric cookers. I can see that it's very safe and can easily be used by children to cook or warm their food.

Draft saved Draft deleted