1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Solar tent heater

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Alexandoy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

I think this is another equipment that needs to prove itself. Pardon me but whenever I would see the word solar, doubt precedes it. I have been doing a personal research on solar power systems and most makers would agree in the end that their system is not really that efficient yet. With gadgets powered by solar, I know they can be recharged by sunlight but for how long and for how much? I raised this issue because I remember my cousin who took his vacation here last year. He was boasting of a solar heater for the tent. He said that they can go camping even during winter (that is in California though) with the aid of the solar tent heater. My mistake was not to ask one from him to prove it.

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Most products are over rated, and lots of people buy them expecting more than their limit. I think solar devices are improving more every day, but yes you must factor in the total costs, reliability and feasibility of what you need it for. Like automobiles, we have come a long way with comfort and reliability in the past century.

Draft saved Draft deleted