1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

(-: Speaking of Beans & Blazing Saddles :-)

Discussion in 'Food' started by Northern Dancer, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

upload_2017-3-26_14-10-56.jpeg

I WAS JUST THINKING...

- I CAN APPRECIATE IT'S A SCARY THOUGHT -
    But I really was thinking..

I want to see a lot of
    good,
    wholesome,
    down to earth,
    nutritious,
    gutsy,
    rib cage holding,
    rootin tootin,
    tasty,
    ===> BEAN RECIPES <===

I don't care if it comes in a can.
    Did anyone else see Blazing Saddles?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFANQs1Ou6wvpHdhR-LNJXR8lJNdUwAt3n_8f9e05dYrEsJvZnmQ.jpg

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Hey hey better watch out for the tooting stuff. Peeyou

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  3. Northern Dancer

----->
    upload_2017-3-26_19-21-23.jpeg From one Beaner to Another!

Bibsoutdoors and killeroy154 like this.
  4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Dad always had a little jingle he would say, he grew up in west tn. Here's how it goes: beans beans the magical food the more you eat the more you poot. The more you poot the better you feel, so eat beans with every meal. Ha I never thought I'd be writing that down. I need to teach that to my grandson, it would make Dad proud. Family tradition.

Yep I got Blazing Saddles on dvd. It don't see how Melbrooks pulled that off. Very risky and controversial at the time.

Bibsoutdoors and FootPathOne like this.
  5. Northern Dancer

----->
    Yep, it sure is a tradition. Have another :)

upload_2017-3-27_0-5-19.jpeg

6. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

56e27d06994abc335f5ced53cbfebc4a.jpg

People in these parts were raised on soup beans (pintos) and cornbread. The pinto beans can be dried and kept for years. Then they are soaked overnight, drained and looked over to remove bad beans. They say to drain the water off and that will relieve the gas you may get from them. After boiling add cornbread. I never seen this done where I grew up in Michigan, so when we moved here I was teased at school for not crumbling my corn bread up in soup beans. Yuck. I still don't do that either. My wife grew up on it and loves it. I always noticed that my Dad would crumble up cornbread and put it in with his milk. One day when he was over and stated he had to leave until my wife said she had soup beans and cornbread cooking. Oh dad stayed awhile after that and ate a bunch. Mom never made it. She grew up in Michigan and both her parents were from Canada, so I wonder if soup beans and cornbread is a souther thing?

7. Northern Dancer

----->
    Could well be, but we do eat cornbread [you can get gluten free now] and beans too. I'm thinking Quebec especially.

Try these
    upload_2017-3-27_9-59-7.jpeg :)

8. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I get gas just reading these posts.

Bibsoutdoors

9. Northern Dancer

-----> :)
    Remember - it's all outside!

upload_2017-3-27_10-28-47.jpeg

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  10. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Yeah, next you'll be telling me, "It's just air!"

Bibsoutdoors

11. Northern Dancer

----->
    Aroma Air!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-ieeLo_kK8k4XEMy7xCY1vWzt8bJL-VdeAkcpiUvQl41thFv-.jpg ...you eat these out by the barn, no one will ever know.

12. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

HOW MANY PICTURES OF CANS OF BEANS DO YOU HAVE????? Lol!!! I'm not even sure that is the correct way to ask that question!

Bibsoutdoors

13. Northern Dancer

-----> :)
    Tonnes - here's one for the guys >

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT89bB1BqaK-CgvKs7oKSlB8sBw3cyU7u5nXmBAMwM855zk4Ckj.jpg

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  14. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

LOL...Your kill'in me here ND!

Bibsoutdoors

15. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

How do I find attachment 2407?

Bibsoutdoors

16. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Search turned up 'fruitless.' You have to love the way things work out sometimes!

Bibsoutdoors

17. Northern Dancer

...okay - I'm looking at my screen for 2401 and it's not computing. Could you give me more information?

18. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

On one of the last pictures you sent there was a last sentence that read, "Look at attachment 2407." It ess only on the home page screen.

Bibsoutdoors

19. Northern Dancer

...I'm guessing if all the pictures are on the screen you have them all and the number you see is a reference only. Sometimes they appear at the end of the script and sometimes they don't register at all. If there is a particular item you are interested in reading more about let me know and I'll do the homework.

20. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Actually, I was looking at the postings on my home page and you know where the last quote is placed, that is were it said view (not look at) attachment 2407. I thought it was something you wanted me to do since I asked how many photos of beans did you have, that was the response I received from you then. It's no longer listed as the latest response do it's no longer visible to me. OH NO......

Bibsoutdoors

Draft saved Draft deleted