1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Strange camping

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by marlruvDRoji2015, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Hello there! What is it like backpacking without a tent or hammock?

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I suppose it all depends on the kind of camping you are into. I'm still a tent man though there are other methods of doing things.

3. Thanks for the answer! I love camping in tents and admiring nature. Recently, on the last summer trip, we bought a backpacking hammock and it was generally great to relax with the family in nature. Do you use hammocks?

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Sorry for the delay in answering - I need to pay more attention to the post.

I have used a military-style hammock with a pad for a more comfortable sleep; it also provides extra insulation. I've also used a good tarp as a shelter when I didn't want to bring a lot of extra equipment. I tend to use my Cabelas's Outback Lodge tent on my canoe trips. I like the space but also the weight and how it can pack down to fit nicely in my canoe. The great thing today about outdoor adventures is there is a lot of equipment one can select according to wants and needs.

Draft saved Draft deleted