1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Stuffed Bananas

Discussion in 'Food' started by 2sweed, May 26, 2014.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Nice snack for camping. Take fresh ripe bananas and leave them in their skins. Slice down the middle and open it up slightly and stuff with some chocolate chips or peanut butter, or butterscotch chips or etc... Then push skin closed slightly and wrap the banana in foil and place near the fire for a minute or two. Use a safe tool to pick it up and let cool some before unwrapping. Very tasty treat. Yum! :)

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Bananas go excellent with chocolate and/or peanut butter so I'm no surprised that this is tasty. I often have banana and peanut butter or nutella sandwiches when I'm at home or out and about.

3. whnuien

whnuien Newbie

Oh, I suddenly feel hungry :D

Sounds absolutely yummy! I haven't tried stuffing banana with chocolate chips so thanks for the recipe. Other than eating just the banana itself, I have only made banana cake and muffin for my camping snacks.

4. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

add some strawberries to that

Draft saved Draft deleted