1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Summer Heat

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Bibsoutdoors, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

FB_IMG_1497297581817.jpg

IT'S HERE...IT'S HERE...IT'S HERE....................

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Yep my air conditioner has been running for a couple of weeks now. It'll run for the next 4 months.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Can you believe this? Roy, we went from mid 60's overnight to high 80's and already a couple of times 90's. We live two blocks from Lake Michigan, the lake with the cool breese blowing off it all the time. ???

4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Wow that's a bit warm for that area. I don't like camping when it's hot at night.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

This reminds me of our camping trip this last summer. It's fortunate that we decided to go overnight in one mountain resort with a pool. After pitching the tents, everyone took a dip to refresh. Fine. But after dinner when we're supposed to have a camp fire, it was a unanimous decision to just swim because the weather was too warm for comfort. You can guess that we didn't have a good sleep due to the heat.

6. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

It warmed up here late in May, and we got the little backyard swimming pool set up thinking that we would be out there swimming around and sunbathing for the next several months. I think that we have been in the pool maybe twice thus far. Once we got into June, we started having rain, rain, and more rain.
    This week it is supposed to be into the 90's; so the pool should warm back up again, and we can be out there and enjoying the coolness of the water in the heat of the day.
    My squash, cucumbers and tomatoes were growing great and bushing out, and now they are growing all tall and skinny from not getting enough sunshine.
    Our house is surrounded on all sides by gigantic trees; so we barely get enough sunshine to grow veggies in the best of times, and when we have a rainy summer, they just do not get enough sunlight at all, even though the weather is hot enough for them.
    It has been hot and muggy, and after the rains, you can see the steam coming off of the roof; so we have been glad to be able to go to the fitness center where they have a nice pool and I love swimming there.

Draft saved Draft deleted