1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Sunset after a major storm...

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Northern Dancer, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

There is nothing more reassuring that a gorgeous sunset after a major electrical storm. MacDonald Lake in Haliburton Ontario last summer.

2wh2ge0.jpg

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Nice shot, what kind of camera did you use? The water looks especially smooth.

3. Northern Dancer

I used a simple Power Shot A480 Canon camera that I won at a week end camp show. The storm was really violent late afternoon with a hunk of damage to the forested area. It was immediately after the storm that this peculiar calm occurred - an ideal time to take a picture.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

That is a pretty decent prize, I've never really won anything substantial in my life (other than free roll up the rim Tim Horton's coffees, haha). Bad luck I guess, or maybe I just don't enter enough contests. Well you did capture the mood you describe well I think, it looks so surreal - perfect water for canoeing.

5. Northern Dancer

Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted