1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Surprise

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bibsoutdoors, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

My wife and I went to Kohler Andrea State Park. We've not ever stayed there before and looked forward to trying it out.
    Wow, we got a surprise when we pulled in. Snow melt was well underway and the camp site's were under water.
    9bec69e40d9810662971647457939d3f.gif
    So off we went to a camp ground in the town of Plymouth. Now when did mobile home parks become known as camp grounds?? Full of mobile homes, RV's some campers. Hundreds of them. I felt like Rod Sterling would being talking over my turned off car stereo system.
    cf50702912a26fda51d76bc7e8add461.gif
    We then decided to try Kettle Moraine State Forest. We found a site up on a hill surrounded by trees with a lake just below us. I've never seen so many geese on one lake and the noise they make, my word they were honking. I usually find their chatter soothing, this was like I was camped out at Wall Street with trading going on! It's midnight now and their pretty calm.
    I've heard no wolves on this trip so far. Coyote activity has been minimal. No bears knock on wood!
    9fb5c1e0159368f2da28889f67b44ece.jpg
    I'm sleeping in my Amok
    a3dbf844dfbed848ef0a4016f1583fce.png
    No tarp being used tonight and I'm glad. I saw my very first meteor burn through the sky while laying in my hammock. I've never seen one while tent or bivy camping. That is to say while laying in one or the other.
    2e463d50ec485df29975901cd65f2a66.gif
    Temperatures so far have been very mild, down right pleasant. 48°F this afternoon and 36°F at midnight. Skies are clear with intermittent clouds.
    My wife is staying in the tent with our pup and I can see the green glow from the Goal Zero supplying power to her mask.
    fab9b3d432857f8e10f3c0f893625ea1.jpg
    That catches me up for now, it's 0019 hrs. I should try my hand at sleep again. Killeroy, I hope your recovering from all the aches and pains of over working. Northern Dancer, I wonder if you've slipped out to sneak in a camp out after a paddle or two?
    ca4ca720cb870b1165d2145b2059e8e2.jpg

Good night to you all for the time being.

Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors

Northern Dancer and killeroy154 like this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Awsome Bibs, I enjoyed reading that this morning. Sounds relaxing. Aches and pains fine thank you.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted