1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Survival video

Discussion in 'United States' started by campforums, Jan 1, 2013.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I first began watching this dude's YouTube videos because of his programming tutorials but I just saw he posted one about wilderness survival. Wow, talk about a completely different topic, haha.

!

I posted this in the US forum because it takes place in Adirondack Mountains, New York.

2. Foster

Foster Newbie

Great video! Love it!

3. Toxique

Toxique Newbie

Good video, how many of these do he have?

4. campforums

Quite a few it looks like, he has one I see about making a fishing spear out of a tree branch.

But he has thousands of videos on a whole bunch of different topics.

5. joker

joker Newbie

Thanks for the video, hopefully I can learn something useful today.

6. TABL

TABL Explorer

Those are really cool! My sons are at an age where they really find this stuff interesting. Thanks!

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Newbie

Thank you for posting this video. I admire people that can do outdoorsy stuff and survive in the wilderness but I can't do that stuff. I like camping, at campgrounds with bathrooms and picnic tables.
    I think instead of cutting my own fishing spear from a branch, I would be buying a Snickers bar from the vending machine next to the little shop where they rent out boats.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Newbie

I recently became obsessed with a show called Dual Survival that apparently has been on for 3 seasons.
    I watched all the episodes for season 1 and 2 online, marathon style the other day. It's about 2 guys that have completely different survival styles and demonstrate how to survive in various situations. One of them, Dave is this badass former military guy who is good at hunting. The other guy Cody is a teacher of primitive survival skills and a long haired hippie who hasn't worn shoes in 20 years because primitive wilderness guys didn't wear shoes and they survived without them.
    Anyway, it's cool to see them work together because the hippie is an absolute genius at building shelters.
    One of his shelters was like a Lakota sweat lodge and it kept them at a toasty 75 degrees in the middle of a snowstorm.
    Dave always brings back meat because he's good at tracking and killing things and I saw him shoot a fish in the water with an arrow.

The show is addictive and it shows that there's more than one way to survive in extreme situations.
    But I haven't seen the 3rd season yet and I heard that the new guy that they got to replace Dave the military guy, is a huge, huge douche.

9. campforums

I think I remember seeing that show on the discovery channel a while back, although I haven't seen it lately. I find a lot of the guys on those nature shows tend to be real douches. Have you seen the show Mantracker? The main dude dresses like a rancher and is a real prick, if there weren't lots of people who had to put up with him it would almost be funny.

10. Karto

Karto Newbie

Cool! Another great resource. I've watched videos of some guy who does camps and teaches people how to survive in the wild too.

I can't remember the name now, but when I will, I'll definitely tell you.

This is going straight to my playlist :)

Draft saved Draft deleted